TABLE OF CONTENTS:
0:01 Speeding Up Your Website - Intro & Overview
7:21 Real Deal Start - Identifying & Removing Plugin & Other Bloat
20:07 Optimizing & Compressing Images
36:45 Verifying Hosting Quality
40:10 Before & After - End Results Compared
Most guides on how to speed up WordPress websites are useless. You want to make your website load fast, so you follow the instructions, but you find your site still loads slowly.
To fix slow load times, you need to identify and eliminate bloat, but these tutorials don't teach you how to do that.
You can get a massive head start on achieving fast load times by using Oxygen - a visual builder for WordPress that is 100% bloat free: https://oxygenbuilder.com/
But even if you are using typical bloated visual builders like Divi, Elementor, Beaver Builder, etc. this tutorial will teach you optimizations which will significantly speed up ANY WordPress website.
There are three main thing that typically degrade performance and make a WordPress website run slowly. Fix these, and you'll have a fast loading website:
1. Plugins (and WordPress core) loads scripts and styles onto all pages of your site, even when they only need to be present on a single page.
2. Excessively large files (like images) are being loaded on the page - resulting in slow load times. Compress these files to speed things up.
3. Bad web hosting providers don't deliver your page to the visitor quickly - resulting in slow load times even for a lightweight page.
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to fix these common problems which slow down your website. And you won't need to install any caching plugins - they may change the letter grade you get but it is rare they will actually stop your site from being slow.
The tutorial contains four primary steps:
- how to identify and eliminating bloat loaded by WordPress core and plugins
- how to identify images which should be compressed and compress them
- how to eliminate unneeded font files from being loaded
- how to verify your web hosting provider is delivering your page to visitors quickly
Eliminate bloat, compress images, and host your website somewhere good and your website will load LIGHTNING fast.